This homemade Thai Chex mix recipe is going to be your next favorite Chex mix! A twist on the classic Chex mix recipe, try my easy Thai flavored snack mix at your next holiday party, football tailgate or anytime you need a salty snack.
Be sure to add churro chex mix and dill pickle Chex mix to your favorite recipes. Make a batch of Rueben tater tots next time you get together with friends. If you are in the mood for more easy snacks be sure to check out my list of Simple Sweet and Savory Bar Snack Recipes To Make At Home.
Quick! Before you forget, click here to save this recipe to Pinterest.
What is in Thai Chex mix?
Thai Chex mix is a spicy and savory mix of Chex, peanut butter, sesame sticks, broken Asian rice crackers, pretzel sticks, rice noodles, peanuts and wasabi peas along with umami flavors. Baked together the flavors marry and make for an unexpected and delicious flavor combination.
Thai Chex Mix Ingredients
- corn Chex
- rice Chex
- sesame sticks
- Asian rice crackers, broken in pieces
- pretzel sticks
- rice noodles
- salted cocktail peanuts
- wasabi peas
- melted butter
- peanut butter
- soy sauce
- toasted sesame oil
- Chili garlic paste
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
For the full recipe and complete directions scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card! You can also print the recipe!
How to make Thai Chex mix.
- Heat oven to 250 F.
- Combine the corn Chex, rice Chex, sesame sticks, broken Asian rice crackers, pretzel sticks, rice noodles, peanuts and wasabi peas in a large roasting pan.
- Microwave the butter and peanut butter to a liquid, stir in the seasonings.
- Pour over the dry Chex mix ingredients and stir to coat completely
- Bake at 250 F for 1 hour, 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an air tight container.
Can I microwave Thai Chex mix?
You are welcome to microwave the Thai Chex mix to cook it but I am not a fan of microwaving Chex mix. I love the toasting of the ingredients that the oven brings to this recipe. There is something nostalgic about waiting the hour and anticipating the goodness of the hot Chex mix coming out of the oven. Plus, I don’t have a microwavable bowl that is big enough to hold this recipe.
Microwave Thai Chex mix instructions.
- In large microwavable bowl, combine the corn Chex, rice Chex, sesame sticks, broken Asian rice crackers, pretzel sticks, rice noodles, peanuts and wasabi peas in a large microwaveable bowl: set aside.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave peanut butter and butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Can I make Thai Chex mix in a Crockpot?
Thai Chex mix can be made in a Crockpot but you are going to need a large slow cooker. This recipe has 13 cups of dry ingredients and needs a large slow cooker.
How to store Thai Chex mix.
- Cool theThai Chex mix completely.
- Scoop into a zip top gallon size container.
- or store in an air tight container.
Can Thai Chex mix be frozen?
Thai Chex mix can be frozen if you need to have it made ahead. Be sure the mix is completely cooled before packing into freezer bags, removing as much air as possible. Any moisture in the bag will freeze, and then upon thawing make the Chex mix soggy. Store for 4-6 months.
Printable Thai Chex Mix Recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, Savoring The Good, LLC may earn from qualifying purchases.
Microwave Thai Chex mix instructions.
Thai Chex mix slow cooker instructions.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 466 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 683mg Carbohydrates: 66g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Protein: 11g